The safety and security of our Attendees, Exhibitors and Staff is our priority. We work closely with the venue, corporate security, state, local and federal law enforcement authorities to identify risks, assess them and develop security plans for our events.
Everyone attending BookExpo should be aware that the following are in place:
- Security staff may approach you to assist outside, at entry or inside BookExpo.
- Everyone must wear their NYCC badge at all times. This includes Exhibitors, Vendors, Attendees, Speakers, Guests, Press, Staff and Crew.
- Security procedures are fully operational at BookExpo
- Bag checks are in operation at BookExpo
- Walkthrough or hand held scanners may be in operation at BookExpo
- CCTV in operation at BookExpo is monitored and recorded
- Uniformed and covert Security Guards are in attendance at BookExpo
- Uniformed and covert Police are in attendance at some of our events
- Canine Security and Detection is in operation at BookExpo
Everyone at BookExpo is requested to:
- Keep personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended
- Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious or just out of place to a member of event staff
- Remain patient and courteous with event staff undertaking security checks
- Follow the instructions of event staff at all times
- On their final visit to the event, dispose of their badge inside the event or when they’ve returned home, not in bins immediately outside the event
- Carry a recognized form of photo ID with them at all times