uPublishU at BEA
Javits Center, New York City
Saturday, May 31, 2014
9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Note: Registration will open at 7:00 am.)
Are you ready to take the leap and transform your manuscript to a published book and/or ebook? At the uPublishU at BEA, aspiring writers and authors will learn from industry experts tips and tactics and all about the tools and technology to help them self-publish a print book or an ebook. You will also have the opportunity to meet with a selection of the industry's most respected self-publishing service providers who offer services to aspiring authors or those looking to package their content in book form.
New For 2014! uPublishU at BEA Author Hub—exclusively for entrepreneurial authors to have a presence on the BEA trade show floor to network and benefit from special programming designed just for you. Learn more.
Register Today for uPublishU at BEA!
Price: $115 Early Bird (before May 15) including Boxed Lunch (This does NOT include a BEA pass.)
Please note: After May 15, the price will increase to $215.
- What you will learn
- How to build a publicity campaign for those all important reviews
- How editors can work with you to develop your idea, and the important benefits of a professionally, line edited or copy edited manuscript—hear it directly from editors
- How to build your brand and author platform—using social media and other techniques
- The important steps in getting your new book discovered by search engines, bookstores, and libraries
- Why cover design and interior design are so important for both printed and ebooks
- Everything you need to know about ebooks—from A to Z
- The facts on what readers buy and where
- What literary agents can do for you
- Insights from companies that offer services for the self-publishing community
- How some authors have successfully self-published—meet them and hear their success stories
- Who should attend
- Authors who have previously published the traditional way (with a publisher) and now want to take control of their books
- Aspiring writers who want insight and guidance from publishing industry professionals
- Authors who have self-published but want to learn how to reach more readers
- Business professionals and consultants interested in learning how to publish books that can be used to raise a company's profile, teach customers and clients, and generate revenue
Interested in exhibiting at uPublishU at BEA? Learn more here.
Looking for a way to get your book in front of BEA attendees? Sign up for the New Title Showcase.
Read Publisher’s Weekly article on uPublishU!
SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT uPublishU AT BEA
"uPublishU at BEA opened my eyes to the possibilities of communicating ideas over multiple platforms in my own business activity as a B2B media representative. And also as someone who writes for sheer enjoyment. The speakers, participants and ideas were very worthwhile and I'd recommend this event to anyone looking to up their game." —Paul Pettersen, Blogger and supporter of education for a sustainable future
"The amount of information offered at uPublishU at BEA was overwhelming. The conference featured several excellent presenters as well as talks by inspiring self-published successes. And I learned the key to selling self-published books: Discoverability." — Avra Wing, On the verge of self publishing a YA novel, After Isaac
"I had the pleasure of being able to attend the All-New BEA uPublishU event in 2012 and it was a truly inspiring experience. During one of the sessions that I had attended, I heard riveting tales about some of the self-published authors' success stories, which offered wonderful advice and a great deal of creative motivation." —Maria T. Hoffman, Associate Editor of Food Logistics Magazine & aspiring author. www.mthoffman.wordpress.com
2014 Conference Sessions
Check back for conference sessions.
uPublishU at BEA Exhibitors
See leading providers of self-publishing services and meet face to face talk about how to take your manuscript to the next level.
2014 uPublishU at BEA Exhibitors
Interested in exhibiting at uPublishU at BEA? Contact Chris Domans at 203-840-5827 or email@example.com.
2014 uPublishU at BEA Speakers
Check back soon for 2014 speakers!