2016 BEA Content & Digital Conference.
View Program Now
Your BEA Badge Gives You Access to the Exhibits and the BEA Content & Digital Conference!
2016 featured content tracks:
- Marketing & Engagement—Learn everything about digital, social, and print marketing so you can attract new customers, connect with readers, capitalize on consumer-facing websites and have strong ongoing conversations that can be measured by data.
- Independent Booksellers—Enjoy special events and education designed with indies in mind, including a plenary–open to all BEA attendees–about localism and thriving in a world impacted by online retail. The ABA program offers many opportunities to network with publishers, authors, and industry vendors.
- Analytics, Tech & Mobile—Time to get techy! Learn about all things tech, mobile, industry standards, analytics, mixed with innovations and platforms that are trending. Sessions are designed to cater to all levels of learners.
- Library Insight—If you want to explore new inroads in the library community, the importance of digital and connecting with patrons, come learn about new initiatives, partners working together and building strong community based institutions.
- And, new this year!
The Library Insight track will be bolstered with sessions by Libraries Transform: ALA@BEA which is sponsored by Libraries Transform, the American Library Association’s national public awareness campaign, and Overdrive, Inc. These Sessions will cover new terrain in Readers Advisory, nurturing local writers, and working with Marketing teams from the Big Five publishers to help patrons.
- Business of Publishing—Discover new directions, opportunities, business models and research that can be applied to the challenges you are experiencing with the electronic and print publishing products in today’s global marketplace.
- Content: Readers & Authors—What’s buzzing in books?! Do not miss seeing and learning about books, books and more books for Fall/Winter 2016, including BEA Editors’ Buzz!
- Global Market Forum: Poland—This is a unique and rare opportunity for you to learn all about the exciting and growing Polish book market.
- Children’s Publishing and Bookselling—One of the strongest areas of the publishing and bookselling industry – children’s books will be explored with industry experts providing insight and direction and a look into the future.
- Self Publishing—Authors and service providers will have the unique opportunity to explore the opportunities, success stories and business models that are making waves in the world of self publishing. Discover the best practices that are allowing authors to reach readers, build sales and establish a social presence with readers.
Help Us Continue to Enhance the BEA Conference Program
We want to continue to enhance and evolve the BEA Conference Program each year to ensure it meets your needs. To help us do that, we will be collecting information on how much traffic each session gets by scanning badges at the door and will be handing out session evaluations after each session. Please be sure your badge is scanned at the door and that you take a few minutes to complete the evaluations. This feedback helps us to tailor the sessions each year by knowing which ones are popular or not so we can refine for the next year. Thank you!